There are conflicting accounts of the creation of Mundus and, as such, it is difficult to give a definitive story as to where these beings (the Aedra and the Daedra) come from. Put in it’s most general terms, the Aedra were the spirits that took part in the creating of Mundus. The Aedra are, obviously, capable of creation, where it is widely believed that the Daedra are only capable of changing what has already been created. The Aedra spent most of their energy in the act of creation and are left greatly weakened. Being the spirits who actively participated in the making, the fate of the Aedra is forever bound to the fate of the world. This is why the Aedra are known to be capable of dying (see Lorkhan), where the Daedra can only be banished back to their own realm.
- Aedra and Daedra, by Anonymous
- Varieties of Daedra, by Aranea Drethan
- The Requisite Book of Daedra, by Anonymous
- Darkest Darkness, by Anonymous
- The Doors of Oblivion, by Seif-ij Hidja
- On Oblivion, by Morian Zenas